Wednesday 10 October 2012

Seeing Grey

Well seeing as it's a cloudy night, I thought I'd do post as I can't watch the stars :(

The worse thing about this hobby is that it is so reliant on the great British weather, which generally isn't up too much and never does as you want.

I was all geared up to watch Meteors on Monday, until I went outside and discovered the clear sky we'd had all day was gone, and a blanket of cloud had descended.

Fortunately we were very lucky last night. The evening sky was clearer than I'd ever seen it before. And all of a sudden new constellations appeared to us before our eyes!

We spotted for the first time Aquila and Delphinus, which I think definitely has to be one of my favourites so far. So true to its name, you really can see a Dolphin jumping about in the sky! 🐬

It was also the first time we were able to properly make out Hercules and Draco, which obviously came in very useful for spotting Meteors.

I think I spotted about 3 or 4. Which was exciting, but I must admit was expecting a few more. So fingers crossed for the Orionids later this month.

Here's hoping for clearer skies in the next few days. 🎇

No comments:

Post a Comment